Thursday, May 10, 2007

What’s New

What’s a better way to get past the Finished Object Blues ... Start a New Project!!!!

My Knit Picks order arrived and I started to swatch for Thermal. I know several bloggers (Check out Claudia's and Words & Wool) finishing up their lovely Thermals and couldn't help but fall in love.



The Thermal is a Knitty pattern which call for the Knit Picks Gloss yarn...and lone behold, I’m also knitting it in the same color as the one in pattern. I was looking for a blue and didn’t fancy the Dusk colorway that much...way not Woodland Sage?



My order also included size 2 US circ’s for my TOFUtsies yarn and look, I’ve got toe-tips.



I truly hope you appreciate the acrobatic feats I go through to provide you with sock-in-progress shots...I swear any second, someone is going to burst into my office. What do you say to that said person...who is a non-knitter, who doesn’t have a clue as to blogs, or even knitting blogs....and questions the very idea of knitting socks. I say I’m a knitting-geek and they just shake their heads. Umph...you can’t convert everyone.

These socks are coming out way better on size US 2 then the %$#*-ing size ZEROs I had started with. The only downside is there is a lot of negative ease. Super stretchy would be more like it. I did my usual math and gauge measurements, but my goodness...instead of decreasing the amount of stitches by 10 percent, it should be more like 20 percent. I'm going to eliminate about 4 stitches over a length of foot body to make up for this, but just don't have the heart to rip it out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super-duper.

Gloss is a great yarn, and that's a great pattern. I'm sure you'll be pleased.

And we all know that you are the guru of stitching bliss...and are proficient in knitting yoga.

Knitterary said...

I love it that you take these pictures at work. And if someone does walk in on you with your tootsies half-clothed in socks-in-progress, just look them dead in the eye and say, "Tell the cabana boy I'm ready for my foot massage."

That'll learn em to interrupt a knitter who's playing with yarn.