Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Day I Fell In Love

Earlier this week I had emailed Toni Neil, owner of The Fold. I wanted to pre-warn her that Naughty Knitters were planning on descending on to her property.

"No problem, Mark will be able to handle everything."

Okay, if you say so.

Me and the SnB gals pilled into Becca's Monster Truck and hauled our knitting selves out to Merango, Illinois. Aren't they just so cute in the back seat?



and of course, here is a great up the nose shot.



Mark was fabulous and was very helpful in showing me how a Lendrum spinning wheel works and functions. I think by the end he was getting a bit flustered...it's not easy having all these fiber lovers all wanting to check-out at the same time. And of course that's always the perfect time to get phone orders too;)

I even got to test this baby out. MB has a great shot of me falling in love. I was a little nervous going into this investment. It's not some little item you can say, oh that was fun, now I'm moving on. No, I wanted this to be something that touched me deeper then its "cool" factor. But, while I was sitting there, letting the fiber flow through my fingers...it's hard to explain, I just know that I didn't want to stop. I was hooked. I stopped, walked away...and searched among the stacks of yarn to see if there was anything popping out at me. There are great finds at The Fold and it seems every time you turn around there's a new discovery. Every now and again I would circle back to gaze at the spinning wheel and the urge to sit and spin was growing stronger. Oh, Yeah...this baby was coming home with me.





and on the way home, we all had to jump out and take pictures of the little sheep-ezz, awwwww so cute.



We were reduced to pre-school behavior when we saw these little guys. The leader of the pack did his warning calls and they all scattered. That's our clue to head home...gotta spin!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Awesome wheel! I've tried spinning some on a drop spindle and can see where an spinning on an actual wheel might be addictive.

P.s. My Border Collie loves the sheep pics. :)