Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Me and My Best Friend

I'm going through a little Central Park Hoodie withdrawal. Knitting, seeming, swatching, gauge doubts, yarn choices...it all boils down to one of my favorite projects of all time. (Just in time for summer;)



Shout out to LH for helping with my photo shoot. I love my husband, but he sinks when it comes to this kind of stuff. Look at those cables...the sweater is fantastically soft, unbelievably warm and I can't get enough. I just want to snuggle with it all day long.



I loved the cable on the back so much, that I continued it up the hood as well.



The only thing left to do is find buttons. This yarn as a lot of give and elasticity in it, and I'm not sure if I would have been happier with a zipper or not, but for now I'm loving my new best friend.



Pattern: Central Park Hoodie from the KnitScene Fall 2006 Magazine

Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca (7 skeins)

Needles: US 7 and 9

Start Date: March 29, 2007

End Date: May 7, 2007

Comments: sizes run small. I measure at a 40 inch bust and knitted the size 44. Some adjustments that I altered would be: increasing the ribbing all along each edge by about an inch. Plus, my stitch gauge was dead-on but the row gauge was very long, so I eliminated 2 rows from the pattern. It worked out great and the cables look perfect - not elongated like my swatch. I will definitely knit this pattern again and recommend it to anyone first starting a sweater or new to cables.

8 comments:

Knitterary said...

Woot! This is one gorgeous CPH! And the color is perfect on you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yours is one of the nicest I've seen--love it with the extended ribbing. I am going to make mine longer too--congrats on a beautiful sweater!
--Laine

Freda said...

Great job! It looks lovely on you. I was going to continue the back center cables up the hood, too, but forgot in a spell of zoned out knitting.

Zonda said...

Lovely job! It looks so soft and warm! Thanks for the advice of making wider ribbing, I may have to do that! (from the KAL! :)

Jen said...

Sooooo purty! Congrats on a job well done! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great on you! Love the color.

Unknown said...

I was just admiring all the socks on your flickr thing. I know you made one of them in Ambrosia, and I have a question about that yarn. Did the bottoms of the socks felt on your feet?

allie said...

I am also nearly done with my CPH just in time for summer. At this very moment I'm weaving in ends. I must say that I am super-impressed with the time frame you knit this sweater in. I see that you're getting started on Thermal (another on my to-knit list). Good luck, I will be watching your progress!