Tuesday, June 17, 2008

In the Yard



They've finally bloomed and just so stunning! I swear this one plant is about to show off about 15 full buds and I'm hoping to get some great wallpaper backgrounds.

In other yard news, I've taken on a large task of landscaping The Dead Zone. This is the before picture:



The Dead Zone is a rough 12 foot by 12 foot space that you see from the back deck when you come out the kitchen. This space is full of rocks and grass, which is also surrounded by more rocks and a fence. All of which makes it really difficult to mow...and plus it just looks ugly. So, I came up with this insane brilliant idea of a stepping path with a raised flower bed. Here is the progress so far:



People. Seriously! Do you have any idea how hard it is to take off the top layer of dense grass while dealing with a rock bed below? Not. Good. Needless to say this has been an on going project and I'm hoping to get started on the raised bed very soon. Talk about a serious workout....and yes I count this as part of my Skinny-4-Stash...although I only get a dollar for every hour I've worked. Heck, those pavers weigh 42 pounds each. You know I'm working a sweat;)

In knitting news, the Fulmar is Killing Me! Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I swear I've fallen into the Knitting Black Hole. So close yet so far. I start my shoulder stuff once I get to 17 and 3/4th... I know! Soooooo Close.

2 comments:

Laurelena said...

Wow, you go girl!!!!
If you need any help with the yard, you know I'm available :P

Really love the flowers too. I wish I had a garden.

Knitterary said...

You're kicking my heinie on Fulmar. But we already knew that.

Morning glories would be a quick and easy cover on that fence. Just an idea.