Wednesday, June 04, 2008

FO: Leafling & Sock Swap



Pattern: Leafling (only available for Rockin Sock Club members)

Yarn: 1 skein of Socks That Rock - Lucky Colorway - Medium Weight (not available to the general public until 2009)

Needles: US 1.5 circ's

Start Date: April 16, 2008

End Date: May 9, 2008

Comments: I decided that when I joined the Sock Club, I would knit the pattern that was included with the yarn. Not that I had to, but it just seemed a little out of my comfort zone and was chalking it up for experience. Good or Bad.

I think the yarn is fabulous. It's not to self-striping which is nice change, but the pattern was slightly tricky for my construction. When working on two circular needles, it takes a bit of maneuvering in order to produce the sock. This lead the sock to become awkward. Not difficult, just picky.

I would highly recommend this pattern be knit with DPN's...It's not so simple on the circular needles.

My modifications were done on the heel. Which is the source of tricky-ness. There was a Raverly thread where everyone was getting a very loose sock. I choose to listen to them and ended up ripping it out because I was getting a tight sock. Go figure. In the end I skipped a couple rounds of added heel stitches. It turned out stretchy which is a good thing for the simple fact that these are heading to another knitter as part of a gift swap.



Isn't that just the cutest box you ever saw? I thought so. I then proceeded to fill it full of goodies. Wanna see? Sure you do.



The idea of the hand dyed sock yarn swap is to knit a pair of socks for your buddy. Pick out another hand dyed sock yarn for them to knit (I choose Soxie by Great Adirondack Yarn Co) along with a sock pattern (my Cable Lagoon pattern). Then add some goodies for your buddy, so I picked up a sock bag from Nana's Knitting Shop. Tossed in some Lindt Lindor chocolate and wrapped the socks with a gift tag and stitch markers.

Package went out UPS as of 1:30 Tuesday afternoon. My buddy should be getting her gift on Thursday. I hope the socks fit and now it's just waiting to see when my gift comes in!

2 comments:

Knitterary said...

That is a beautiful box! I think I have to join the STR club next year. Your club patterns and yarns are just tooooooooo tempting.

Laurelena said...

What a lovely gift. The recipient is very lucky to have you as a swap mate.
I LOVE the box and how you packaged everything.