Tuesday, June 05, 2007

WWKIPD

WORLD WIDE KNIT IN PUBLIC DAY - CHICAGO

Saturday June 9, 2007
Noon to 4 p.m.
Millennium Park - www.millenniumpark.org
In the Boeing Gallery South (Just East of the Crown "Faces" Fountains)

Not sure if anyone is interested in celebrating, but Chicago has a gathering downtown. It sounds pretty interesting and I believe there can be a yarn crawl to Loopy Yarns which is blocks away. If anyone else is interested in going, the Metra Train has an 11:10 Flossmoor departure to Chicago. Nothing like knitting on the train too! I was thinking of going, but not staying the whole 4 hours as scheduled.

The location is accessible for the differently-abled. There are public washrooms on site, and there are a number of restaurants within walking distance. Beverages are available from park concessions.

What to bring: lawn/folding chair, sunscreen, and KNITTING!

IN CASE OF RAIN:

Chicago Cultural Center
78 East Washington Street
Meet in the Randolph Cafe - 1st floor

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oooohhhh... I never gert to go do any fun knitting stuff. *pout* Guess I'll take my kids to the lbrary or a local park and knit all alone. *sniffles*

Knitterary said...

Hmm. I don't know my schedule yet for Saturday, but this might be something to do.

Nikki said...

Ooh, maybe I'll see you there tomorrow!