Thursday, June 28, 2007

Any Day Now



The Second Annual Tour de Fleece begins on Saturday, July 7th and I've totally signed up!

It seems pretty simple, here are the guidelines:

1. Spin every day the Tour de France rides, if possible. Saturday July 7th through Sunday July 29th. Days of rest: Monday, July 16th, Tuesday July 24th. (Just like the actual tour)

2. Spin something challenging Wednesday July 25th. (The last hard climbing mountain stage in the Pyrenees - Col d’Aubisque)

3. Take a button if you want one. Then we can use the button on our blogs in show of solidarity. Take it from here or grab a clean one from the flickr pool.

4. Wear yellow on Sunday July 29th to announce victory. Why not wear yellow on any day you feel particularly successful? (Yellow is the color of the race leader in the Tour - but here we are all 'race leaders')

5. Other colors if desired: Green (sprinter - think FAST), Polka-dot (climber - as in uphill), and white (rookie)


The only thing I'm concerned about is running out of roving. I've been pumping through my stash as it is. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make a fleece run;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THERMAL UPDATE:
I will soon have this Thermal added to my wardrobe. Not like I can wear it right now with Chicago hitting the 80's and the humidity bursting my hair into frizzes.



I bet this weekend I'll be seaming and blocking. Ahhhhh, the thoughts of finished objects leads me to the BIG Question that Knitterary pointed out last night at the SnB. What's next? Oh Hell...it's really a toss up. I'm thinking Kool-Aid Sweater for Little Mac, but that silk is calling me for the Sahara. Or I could be crazy wild knitter and do both!! And lets not forget the many socks that I want. sigh. I can't decide.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OFF TOPIC:

I have a question. Is is inappropriate to discuss lose of virginity with a client during a lunch meeting? Gosh, if any of my co-workers read this...they'll know who exactly did said deed. Yeah folks, that's what I have to deal with around here. Oh, lets not forget the body part sketches being passed around the office last Friday. It's a mad house, but I love it. I couldn't make this up if I tried. It's all in good-naughty humor and it never gets personal.

1 comment:

Knitterary said...

Tough call, choosing between that incredibly gorgeous silk or that incredibly gorgeous cherry kool-aid. Either way, you'll be knitting a winner.

And yes, of course it's inappopriate to discuss sexual matters during business meetings. Also, it could end up getting your company sued. Don't you guys have an HR person to get this under control?