Friday, June 01, 2007

My Goof

I feel so proud of myself. I saw a mistake on the Thermal and I fix it. Did you read that!! I found several knits when it should have been purls and several purls that should have been knits.

Miss Mac was taking a bath and of course that is a perfect time to knit away while she play. It's not such a bad idea, but every so often I have to let her know that mommy didn't pay for the splash zone and she should tone the bubble stomping to a minimum.

This is what I saw...



You probably can't even tell what is wrong or as the SnB gals might say "It's not a prancing pony moment" but by the time I had done 8 rows after the mistake I was still bothered by it. Crochet hook in hand, I traveled down the rows to the problem and put my purls and knit into proper order.



What gets me is that I can do a perfect knit with my crochet hook, but have to turn my work around to get the purl. My brain was just not working right for me to figure out the different motion. Oh, well...it turned out fine and that's what counts. I just wont get into two decreases that should have happened 4 inches ago. I'm hoping that will be a Prancing Pony Moment.

Oh yeah, can't forget to show off Mac's incredible smile.



Happy Friday Everyone!

3 comments:

Rebecca F said...

Your knitting-fu advances one level.

Cetta said...

She really has the best little smile!

Knitterary said...

I am doubly impressed, first because you fixed it, and second because you did it during bathtime!

I would have fixed it, too. But I think my pony doesn't prance so much as crawl.