Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend Events

Where do I begin? So much going on this weekend that I’m listing events at random.

1. Finished painting the living/dining/entrance way...or should I say... I’m done. Was officially done as of 2 am Saturday morning. I still see some spots that are I should go over with a second hit...I just don’t want to. The weeks of madness and disarray has gotten to me and I don’t feel like holding another paint brush in my hands at least till the July holiday vacation...humph.

2. Bought curtains and sconces for the dinning room. Here is a before and after photo:





It’s hard to really get the true colors with the camera, but I’m happy with it. The colors are gray with cranberry accent wall. It's dramatic, bold and every time I look over I feel like I’m looking at someone else’s room. Ahhhhh. Perfect.

3. The Fold is a truly awesome place to be and having finished the painting project, I felt I needed some fiber in my life. Can you believe they are completely sold out of STR medium & light weight sock yarn. Oh well, I guess it’s a good thing for me, because this was my purchase:



Yep Knitterary, I got some Silver Creek Yarn in the Cobalt colorway for the Fulmar project. We’re still on for starting this coming September, right? I sooooo want to cast-on with this yarn...my heart skips a beat every time I look at it. I’m not sure how the colors are showing up on your computer, but it’s a cross between violet and blue...just lovely.

4. I couldn’t resist getting some more fiber as well. Picked up about 8 oz of a Merino blend. She had a sample spun up and it was looking so gorgeous.



5. I love the Webs. If you haven’t been over there, go there now. They have super deals and I can’t wait to touch everything come August at Stitches Midwest. When I got home on Saturday from having a great time out at The Fold. I found silk in my mailbox. Look at this peeps:



That is Berger du Nord - Belle & Belle and it is normally 10 bucks a ball and I got it for 5...and guess what I’m going to make? Oh, yeah...I couldn’t resist. Sahara. I know, I’m a copy cat. MB did hers a while back and it turned out fabulous. The color is perfect shade of dusty blue. I bet I’ll be able to dress it up or go casual with jeans. Gosh, don’t you love those surprises in the mail?

6. Knitted some more on the Thermal...still more waffle stitch. It’s not worth a photo at this point.

7. Spun up some more of the Shetland wool, but didn’t get a chance to take pic’s. I was happy to get some great advice from Toni on my visit. I was hoping she would have spinning classes this summer, but it seems she doesn’t have a lot of time on her hands. Oh, well...I will pass on that she’s having a Summer Solstice sale starting June 21 - June 24 with increasing sale percents off each day. Sunday is the huge day with 40 - 50 percent off.

8. I do have news about my family and how it’s changing. I don’t feel up to discussing it on my blog at this point. I don’t know how I even really feel about it and I’m trying to work through my feelings. Plus, there may be some family who could read this and perhaps don’t want it discussed. I’ll just say, give it time and all will be revealed.

2 comments:

Julie said...

hi kris
just read your post on thermal about doing your sleeves on circular needles and i like the sound of that! i've just spent an evening being frustrated by the dpns!! any direction would be greatly appreciated :)
your sweater's looking great!
thx - julie

Knitterary said...

Yep. September. After the fall equinox. This is going to be fun! Fulmar or bust, baby!

The dining room looks fabulous. Are you thrilled with the results? You should be!

Hugs on the family stuff. I'm here if you need anything.