Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Nothing Like a Waffle Body

Even as I read the header...it makes me laugh. Okay...so guess what? Do you want to see Thermal progress. Of course you do;)



Last night I was giggling while doing my 3-needle bind-off and immediately slipped this sucker on and love. LOVE. LOVE IT!!! I added a little extra rib on the bottom, as I had seen several finished Thermals and they looked a bit short for my taste. I just hope it doesn't hurt me in the end with shortage of yarn.

With the body is done, I then casted-on for the sleeves. I decided to knit the sleeves together, as to not get second sleeve syndrome? is this possible?



Anywho...had to run and get a second size us 3 circ from Hobby Lobby...see they have the Boyd interchangeable sets, but not in size 3!!! Only in a standard 16 inch circular. WHY?? They had 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 ....no 3 or 5? Is this a ODD number conspiracy. So, bought the 16 inch size 3 needle and it's too short. I think I knew that when I bought it, yet was in denial. Looks like a trip back to the yarn store... that is a Real Yarn store with proper needles and in all sizes and lengths. The only good thing is I know the new needles will come in handy for future projects.

When I mention BACK to the yarn store...I needed a fiber fix yesterday. I was good...I could have bought some Lornas Lace or Trekking...no, I found this.



It's only Regia...I'm a bad blogger...didn't get the colorway written down. It just popped out at me..and screamed "I'd go great with your Thermal" and see:



I'm thinking Jaywalkers again...I bet those stripes are wide enough to pull it off. The only thing is I want to knit them on 2 circ's...from what I remember of the pattern it shouldn't be to difficult to convert them over to this method.

No comments: