Friday, November 30, 2007

Just a Pinch of Sage

I know it's been awhile since I've posted any spinning projects, but the answer is Yes! I have been spinning. Certainly not as often as I would prefer, but not letting dust settle on the wheel either;)

Couple weeks back I posted about my latest Merino blend in a lovely Sage color. What I was most delighted about was the other color streaks that run throughout the green. A little canary yellow, a punch of cranberry red and was totally surprised to see a bright cyan in the mix.

I finally filled two bobbins and then on a spur of the moment thing, plied them up. I'm still pretty new at this whole spinning thing, but learning as I go. I never really understood how you can fill two bobbins with the same amount...and then of course the light bulb went off while spinning with Lady A. It's really as simple as dividing them up equally in the beginning before you even start spinning. Well Duh!

1 comment:

A :-) said...

Oooo! That came out kewl!! How much did you get and what are you thinking of making with it? :-)