Wednesday, November 07, 2007

FO: Noro Wrap




Pattern: Ponchette by Bonnie Knits from the Knitting Pattern A Day Calendar 2007

Yarn: Noro Silk Garden

Needles: US 10

Start Date: October 12, 2007

End Date: November 6, 2007

Comments: The pattern called for Noro Iro, which is a bulky weight yarn. I feel in love with the Silk Garden and figured I'd go with that instead. The pattern had first caught my interest because it recommended only 2 balls. I ended up dipping into a 4th ball and in general would recommend 4 balls for this project. The results of picking a different yarn and needle size also adjusted the cast-on...trickle effect. I recommend doing a quick gauge swatch just to get a ball park figure. The rib allows for plenty of give, but you don't want this sucker to be to tight or too loose. I then measured the area around my shoulders and came up with my cast-on from there.

The pattern is easy and fast, the yarn is super yummy...can't lose.

1 comment:

LesleyKnits said...

I love it! The yarn is just gorgeous .