Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Post For The Senses

Okay, can I just say I'm totally in love right now. This hat is fun, fast and fabulous. I'll totally make one for me and when I get the chance. Because I'm using a different yarn I had to do a little knitting math to make sure this would fit on Miss Mac.



So, now that I've given you something for your eyes, how about for your mouth?

Have you ever been in a situation where you were pressed for time but wanted to spend any spare moment you did have with loved ones? Or, have you ever been to up late and completely frustrated as to ideas for breakfast or just to tired? Well, here I bring you the perfect solution. I make this for Christmas morning, Fathers Day or even perhaps for a Bridal Shower.

Baked French Toast

1 loaf French bread
8 large eggs
2 cups Half-n-Half
1 cup milk
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Topping:
2 sticks butter (room temp)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tbs light corn syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Slice bread into 1 inch thick slices. Overlap slices into a 9x13 baking dish. Combine eggs, half-n-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and beat well. Pour over bread evenly coating slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The next morning pre-heat oven to 350. Combine all topping ingredients into a bowl and blend well. Evenly spread over bread and bake for 40 minutes. yummmm!

No comments: