Thursday, August 09, 2007

Knitting Update

Okay...so I know your probably all bored with my ranting of spontaneous moments...lets talk knitting.

Kool-Aid Mac Sweater (KAMS) has made HUGE progress. These are all the pieces and now time for seaming. Which I don't mind so much. I've read about other knitters and their hate for seaming, but I'm kinda fond of the finishing techniques. I might not be very good at them, but something about knowing your on the tail end of a finished project.



The next steps will be to seam the fronts to the back, then the sleeves, continue to knit the hood, pick up stitches on the front to create button holes....see still a lot to do, but it will go very quickly now.

My other quick thing was homework for my Stitches Class on Saturday. I'm taking the Susanna Hansson Off the Cuff Beaded Wrist Warmers class and for homework I needed to do a gauge swatch on sock weight yarn and also pick up beads.

This is a sample picture of what the class will make:



I knew I had tons of sock yarn in my stash, but when I went looking...none of them where screaming at me...plus most of my yarn was variegated and I really wanted a solid color. Quick trip to Loopy Yarns during lunch and along with a quick trip to Beads Galore and More has given me this:



I found a good match on the green, but wasn't sure if I really should have picked up a contrasting bead. So, with the bead bin stating 50% off ...I got both. I really like the orange-gold looking beads and once I get the hang of adding beads to items, I can always us the others for another project. Heck you never know...I will most likely use both colors;) Funk-O-Licious.

With the Stitches Market being less then 42 hours away...my stomach is all a flutter and I can concentrate on anything. sigh. I don't know if I'll be up to posting tomorrow, but I can't forget to say Good Luck to Aleta who is participating in the Susan G Komen 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk this weekend. I don't think I would ever feel right complaining about walking again...gosh, 60 miles...your awesome, but a little nuts too;) If anyone has a few bucks to spare, she's still looking or funds to make her goal. Kisses and Cookies Aleta!

No comments: