Thursday, August 16, 2007

For the Love of Fridays

I have been brought to the realization that I kinda left you all hanging in anticipation about my needle issue. opps. Just so you have a visual of my train station platform...



This has a vertical drop of 5 feet and there was no hope of obtaining my addi within the time frame between trains. I believe there are stairs at the end that are used for the conductors and work crews, but I'm not that adventurous. The bag was resting on the inside portion from the rail tracks (not in the middle where the train rides). I had only yards left off of my yarn cake and pulling it did nothing but bring me more yarn. I was hoping the edge would snag on the zip lock corner, but no such luck.

I'm not to terribly upset by it...yes it is an Addi, but it was a 24 inch size US 0...and to be honest it was very unpleasant to knit socks on size zero.

Although coming home last night I had this over whelming feeling like I just lost my puppy. I envisioned my self making Lost Addi fliers and posting them about the station house. I don't think the muggles would get it.

I do have an ALMOST finished sweater to show you....I'm blocking the heck out of this sweater. The ribbing scrunched the fronts up pretty bad and the sleeves seemed sooooo small. I don't think I took the cables into effect when it came to size and shape. Live and Learn, right?



Since this sweater is off the needles, I'm moving on with the Sahara. Not sure how much I'll get done this weekend, as it's the last weekend before school and the Miss Mac's birthday is next week. We've got several things planned out which I'm hoping to share with you all.

No comments: