Friday, July 27, 2007

Did You See This

If you've seen the newest Harry Potter Movie (#5 - Order of the Phoenix) and your a knit lover...go see it again. The first time I was so involved in the storyline that I missed tons to great knit wear.

Here is one of my favorites:



Hermione is wearing this in the scene at the Hogshead bar and you don't get to see much of it...but ooo-lala. In my searches for this picture I found another Blogger who is actually attempting to knit it up. How cool is that?

Also,there was the usual Christmas sweaters and scarfs but nothing like the casual day wear these characters are wearing ...just awesome. I know that Neville and Luna had some memorable tops as well. I just wish I could find the ribbed zippered cardigans that the Weasley twins were wearing. It was only for a short clip, but I remember the body was in a light cream, almost white along with a Charlie Brown zig-zag on the chest.

Well, not much knitting going on...socks are still rockin' and I plied the last of my Merino wool last night. So, you'll hopefully get some shots of new yarn soon.

HP7 is coming along slowly. I've crossed the half way point and the story gets thicker as each chapter progresses.

3 comments:

allie said...

I totally agree with you about the HP knits. My favorites were Luna's sweaters. I LOVED the purple crochet capelet/shrug by the thestrals. I'm hoping to play around w/ something like it once my to-knit list diminishes a bit!

heather t said...

It's amazing, once you start really knitting, how much awesome knitted clothing is out there. We watched Stranger Than Fiction last night. In one of the later scenes, Emma Thompson's character is wearing this amazing assymetrical wrap/shawl/cardigan thing that I HAVE to try to figure out!

Rebecca F said...

I'll keep my eyes out when we see it today (again)