Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What The F***

Conversation between me and a MacDonalds employee:


"I would like one cheeseburger happy meal." requests mommy, while young child clings to my thigh.

"What kind of drink with that?" asks cashier.

"Diet Coke, please"

"You know it's not good for you."

"Excuse me? Did you just say that the soda was no good, as in it's gone bad. Or are you saying that the diet is not good for me in general?"

"I've been doing some research and studies show that diet coke stunts growth in young children."

"Oh, I see. So, your telling me that regular coke is better for you."

Does anyone see how ironic this whole thing is? I mean seriously...is he for real? If he's so worried about health, then why not warn me of the fries and cheeseburger... gosh, I'm sure those food items are 50 million times worse then the damn diet pop.

And just to clarify, for those of you who don't eat with my family day in and day out. No, we don't eat at MacDonalds very often (only as a treat), and yes MacKenzie is getting a balanced diet and half the time she requests to drink ice water. sigh.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Maybe you should've suggested to Mr. YourChild'sHealthIsSoImportantToMe that he quit his job and spend his time picketing McDonalds. heh

Or you could've told him that it was ok, because you prefer your children be short.