Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Time for First's

First off a quick update on the Tequila Sunrise socks...



I'm at the point where I'll start some rib....Becca there almost done!!!

My DH scarf just needs the ends woven in and I'll post a picture, hopefully with him wearing it. It's funky and a quick knit...it was nice to have something mindless after dealing with the fair isle hat.

Today was an awesome day and let me tell you why...even thought it was cold and not just any cold, but bitter and need to look at beach pictures to even mental stay warm kinda cold. I ventured out to Stitches Salon in Chicago. If you haven't gone, please make a day of it or even an hour if you can. The ladies there are warm and friendly...hang up your coat and pull up a chair (and if it's crowded they have more chairs in the back to pull out). I took the train downtown and knitted on my socks...love that!! I sat down next to Joyce from a Stitch 'n Bitch group out of Logan Square - Shout Out to all you Chicago SnB's!! We got chummy and had a ball learning to spin. I brought my Kundert and some roveing I bought a while back and look what happend...



My first Handspun yarn...isn't it just the cutest thing you ever saw...



I feel like a new person...like a I just gave birth to my first child...we'll not quite, but it's close. It was hard, then easy, then question here, got answer there and before you know it...my first baby skein.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, look at that cute new baby skein! You must be such a proud mommy! Congrats!

I have one Becca sock finished, haven't started the second. You're way ahead of me.

niaskywalk said...

Love it! Congrats ;-)

niaskywalk said...

nia = Vicky... just in case I never told ya.