Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It's Growing!



I'm past the point where I had ripped it out back in November...and I now have a sinking feeling that my gauge is off again. Why do I do this to myself, I'm so happy and content on knitting away at any old thing, until it comes to the point where I say to myself ...maybe I should have done some math first.

Oy! So...what is the problem you say? Here it is...the nature of the pattern is to drop a stitch. This drop creates a half inch increase on the final length of the the over all sweater. Stay with me now... while we venture into math-hell. The piece measures 19 inches from neck the front panel bottom. There are 14 places where a drop is going to happen and increase 7 in the over all final sweater to come to 26 inches. Hello folks! The sweater will reach to that thick part of my thigh. Can I cry now? Or will alpaca felt...boohoo.



You can see with the photo that the sweater is tucked under but I wasn’t concerned with that...wait...it actually shows the full 14 places where a drop stitch happens, so this photo has a slight curl but no extra inches tucked under....oh how I hate gauge. Gauge is evil I tell you, pure evil.

So...any suggestions? Do I continue and just make a really long sweater with over looming thought of yarn shortage or do I go about knitting this damn thing in denial?

1 comment:

Rebecca F said...

denial, it's not just a river in Egypt.

Bring it on Wednesday, and we'll all look at it together.