Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Whole Year!

I can't believe it's been this long, but I guess that's the case for most things that are fun;) Even going back and reading some of my first entries just shows me how far I've come as a knitter and blogger.

I also want to thank you all for participating in my Blogiverary Contest and if you haven't entered, you have till Midnight tonight to leave a comment of your favorite fiber thing. It's loads of fun getting lost in the blogs, clicking links and finding out just how big this knitting community is. It's hard to even fathom how many knitting blogs are out there...kinda feels like a drop in the ocean, ya know?

I do have some pictures to share with you from last weeks holiday ...my brain still feels like it's on vacation;)


Gosh, their so cute...it makes me want to gobble them up. Mister E is not to fond of the above nose picture...but hell he's 12 and doesn't understand the heart strings being pulled by this shot. It took some time to actually take the picture because they both had a case of the giggles...kinda makes me giggle a little just thinking about it.


Yep, those are my babes. Almost makes me want to make another;) just kidding.

Knitting Update:

So the Sahara is coming along smoothly...was able to finally count to 72 and this is where I'm at:



At first the pattern was a bit of a mystery to me. I couldn't picture how the construction came together, but on the train ride home last night I had a light bulb moment. It is really kind of smart way to produce a knitted item. The pieces will be joined soon and then it's all down hill from there.

5 comments:

Knitterary said...

Wow. Those pictures of the kids are stunning. I can't believe you took them yourself!

yarnorgy said...

You are truly gifted! Those pictures are beautiful! B

Kris said...

I love it that you guys think I did the photography on these shots....hahaha. If only my crummy digital camera could pull it off;) We took the whole lot (grandparents and all) to JCPenny's Portraits.

Anonymous said...

Those pics are wonderful! Really tug at the old heart strings. I love them.

Unknown said...

Sahara is a great knit. It's super easy (Except for the P3 tbl in the lace). You'll love it, and I know it'll look great on you.