Friday, September 28, 2007

Ready, Set...Knit



Okay people...can I finish the Sahara in time for Today? Oh Yes People...the Fulmar KAL begins October 1st, WHICH IS TODAY!!!! ....and I need to seriously get these other projects off the needles. sigh.

When ever I even think about casting-on for this project my palms get sweaty and my heart starts to race...WHY??? sigh. It's just knits and purls right? sigh - moving on (as I wipe off my hands and take a long sip of ice water). So, this morning I tossed all other projects to the side and grabbed the most lovely Silver Creek Merino and my Size 2.75 mm (us 2) and casted-on.

Here is proof of my cast-on...I wont tell you how long it took me to count 196 stitches. Seriously...196 stitches on size 2.



And before I forget...I did get some more progress done on the Sahara. It's coming along great and the two sides have come to an agreement that they like each other and that they're madly in love...so much so that I'm onto the main body and gliding away. The pattern is very unique and I've never constructed a garment like this, but it totally makes sense. You have the opportunity to try on your project...which I was seriously considering doing this past weekend, but didn't get around too.



I got a chance to sneak away during lunch break on Friday to knit a few rows. Nothing like knitting amongst the lavender bushes.

2 comments:

A :-) said...

Hi Kris - thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you will come back and visit again. Yes, I'm a new spinner! Been a knitter forever, I think ;-) LOVE your Fulmar project - I want to knit St. Brigid, Maidenhair and Aranmor are on my list to do . . . sometime.

A :-)

Knitterary said...

Aah, all these baby Fulmars being born today. Does my heart good. ;)