Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Nothing is Ever Free

My office just so happens to be going under construction. When and for how long it will take...heck to be honest...pigs will fly. Anyway, I got the chance to snag a FREE TV from the office and now a new (to us) TV is in our home awaiting a proper place.

The only place that this Freaking Huge Ass TV was going fit was is in the basement...now, you also have to imagine that I live in a split-level house and the basement is mostly finished. There is a small storage room and the laundry room that are unfinished. But for the most part there are wall (aka wood paneling) and some carpet.

So, I mention to my graciously wonderful husband that we can't just toss this Huge Ass TV in the corner and call it a day. To be proper, we should look into purging a lot of stuff, paint the walls and make a nice creative media room.

Being the graciously wonderful husband that he is...he said OK.

We then spent 4 hours on Saturday moving and tossing and plain throwing our hands in the air as to why and how did we get so much shit into one space. With the room cleared out on Sunday we then did two coats of primer on the nasty wood paneling. I'm not known for being scared of color, but I knew I couldn't go to far into left field. I decided that a off white, or pale taupe would look really nice. Off to Home Depot we go...ended up with a gazillion color choices and found a color called Eurolinen. It's warm and just a hint of color to off set the white ceiling.



Mac was digging the wall color too. Gosh is she sassy!

Here is my evidence of hard labor:



Now the hard part begins. We have to move furnature around and purge and orgazine. Once it's all said and done, we'll have a nice creative room...that is we'll have the best knitting, sewing, painting, drawing, loungy TV watching, guitar playing and Warhammer having room there is.

Not much knitting this weekend, but I've come to the realization that one secrete knitting piece will become a Free Pattern that I will post after gifting. Between now and then I will have to have someone read the pattern and also figure out how I can post a link on my side bar to download the pattern...Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Rebecca F said...

Wow. You never cease to amaze me. You got DH to agree to share his Warhammer room?

/salute

You should be able to upload the file as a PDF, (I'd be willing to host it) and then just add a link in your sidebar like any other link.

Or, if you wanted to sell if for $$$, froebe-fibers could probably handle the back-end and sell it on commission or something, and then you'd just link to the download page.

Does that make sense?

If not, I can explain more fully on Wed.

Knitterary said...

I love that wall color. It's very soft and pretty.

Don't know about all that technojibjabbery, but I can read a pattern right enough if that helps.