Thursday, September 13, 2007

We Have A Winner!

First off, thank you all for your responses to my Favorite Fiber thing. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment...not like the yarn had anything to do with it;) But, seriously I really do mean it. You are all fabulous and I'm very thankful for having awesome people in my life.

Before I announce the winner, I do want to tell you about my favorite fiber thing. Friendship. Several years ago, I remember talking to my husband about how I was feeling kinda sad. Not the "I need medication" kind, but just a little depressed about my social life. I've had friends come and go, but for the most part they were not True Friends. You know, the kind of people that are there one moment then gone the next. For whatever reason... I out grew them, moved away or just had to get out of a bad situation.

I had this fantasy about having my life filled with friends and that has never been the case for me. I've always had associates..people who I hung around, but after awhile things would fade. Being an introvert hasn't helped any either. I'm perfectly content doing things alone, but always felt like I was missing something.

Then one day I discovered a local Stitch 'n Bitch...my life is complete now. Looking back, it was the best thing I could have done for myself. I'm a better knitter, mother, wife and I'm blessed to call each and everyone of you friend.

Okay...drum roll please.

Here is my method of randomly picking a winner. All 20 contestants names were written on strips of paper and placed into a ....um...well, CD-Rom Spindle top...Hey, it's the only thing I had around at the time;)



Closing my eyes, I stuck my hand in swished it once or twice and pulled a strip.


The winner is Bethany....Congratulations! This could be a good reason for her to start a blog;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Bethany! Enjoy your yarn :)

Knitterary said...

Wohoo Bethany! I always knew she was a winner. ;) And you know what this means now -- we get to teach her how to knit socks!