Thursday, March 01, 2007

Will This Ever End?

I don’t see an end in sight...I love knitting it, I love the yarn, pattern is easy to remember, but is it wrong for me to want to wear this damn lovely lace pullover? I’m STILL on the body. Working the 74th row and only 44 more to go before venturing onto the sleeve. Here is the current photo. It doesn't looks any different from this weekend....my apologies...I really have add about and inch.



I have so many projects that I want to work on too, but if I don’t get this done, I’m afraid I wont get to enjoy wearing it. Because if your not from around here, there are really only 2 seasons... frigid and baked. But I could be wrong, wearing it to the office – where the a/c is on year round probably wont be my issue.

I think I have found a solution to my problem on the brown-chocolate-goodness of the Classic Elite...



Pattern is by Loop-d-loop

Isn’t this cute? Don’t think I would do the bare arm thing and can totally see adding a silk blouse under it....and don’t know if it’s right for my yarn or budget. I just don't know if I should be knitting the Central Park Hoodie in that Elite. The gals last night said it would look great...and I can almost be swayed. So, my big dilemma is now wondering about drape. This Classic Elite is very squishy with what seems like a very lovely pull and give to it. The other yarn I was thinking of is the Knit Picks merino, which is totally cheaper, cutting the cost to one third. I almost think that the Knit Picks wouldn't be very cuddly. I know Mary Bridget's sweater was very structured and gorgeous...I'm really at a cross-roads. I don't want to skip out on myself by saving a few bucks...in the end it will take me months to knit and I will most likely have this hoodie for years. If you have any thoughts, please leave a comment...thank you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a question about your un-ending sweater. What is the pattern? What weight is the yarn? How many yards does is call for? (OK, I have several questions.) I have a bunch of fingering weight alpaca in my stash, with no sweater to love it.

Anonymous said...

I have a stash of the Knit Picks merino for an off-white sweater I'm about to start knitting. It's very nice and cuddly.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you'll be happy with that brown stuff from The Fold. It's lovely, delicious yarn, but it's just not going to give you the results you want for that pattern. We can talk some more on Wednesday about yarn choices etc.

Browns are hard. My niece wants a brown shrug and I've had a hard time finding the right yarn for that, too.