Thursday, March 08, 2007

My Thursday Rant

So, you would think that I would be posting about blocking, seaming and perhaps wearing the gorgeous alpaca lace pullover....right? Well, no. Since I began the remaining left sleeve, I have had to rip it out not once, not twice, but a third time last night. Why? What could possibly be my issue? I’m just a dumbass...First was the excited, seeing the light at the end of tunnel scenario. Second was a miss guided forgetful “Oh, I really should decrease in order to gain proper shape” and the last was caught at midnight last night after knitting a good 4 inches from the SnB meeting. I missed a dropped stitch where a final decrease was needed. Oy! Okay...I’m back to needing 8 more inches before binding off. I’m not going to post a picture as it would look exactly the same as from the last post.

On another note, I visited Knitwerks on the south side of Chicago this afternoon. It’s a pretty new yarn store that was suggested by some Chicago Guild member I meet at the Stitches Salon. My day started with the SVP catching a bug up his butt and coming to me to extract it. I swear I was in the office but 6 minutes. Sat down at my computer, popped up the emails and started to filter 20 different projects...read each one fully, notice said emails had been printed and stacked on my desk...just incase I didn’t see my inbox. He then walks in to say “Did you get all that?” this man, who was just on a long weekend vacation and only back two days is off again on anther long holiday. I told him that I saw what was needed but I truly don’t understand it fully yet but will start to generate job numbers and get the ball rolling. He then dashes into my office and declares that he spent hours filtering the information and preparing downloads for all said projects and if I didn’t understand it then he would walk me thru it. WHAT!!!! I literally just sat down, haven’t finished my elixir of life to deal with this red-headed satin. WHY was he doing this to me? Usually I’m pretty hell bent on sticking back and standing strong, but with the emotional tide running over me, I was over whelmed with the need to escape. Okay...so now you see why I went to the yarn store this afternoon? I paid ...did you see...paid for a cab to take me...our motto should be “cascade take me away”...hahaha... Now, let me start with this...click here to see their website... I’ll wait while you check it out... Pay attention to the flash photos on the website. The one photo of black shelves full of yarn...do you see it? That’s it folks. I paid money to go to a yarn store that has about the same amount of stash I have in my home. Okay, I fib...they do have more then me, but come on? I was totally disappointed. The store is small, but they’re not stocking the place up with enough. They had the Trekking, the Claudia Hand Painted, Rowen, some Cascade....but I want more!! I’m sure they had more colorways in the back stock room, but one long shelf and a short curvy thing is not kicking it. I’m glad I went, but I sure wont be going back.

No comments: