Wednesday, March 14, 2007

And I will Call It George...

Don’t know if you remember the old Bugs Bunny cartoon, but that’s how I feel about my FINISHED!! Alpaca Lace Pullover. I will hug it, and squeeze it, and love it...and I will call it George.

Pattern: One-Piece Lace Pullover from Interweave Knits (Spring 2006)
Yarn: Finger Weight Alpaca in Fawn color (I believe it was handspun – bought it from Stitches Midwest 2006)
Needles: US 4
Start Date: October, 2006
End Date: March 13, 2007
Jail Time: All of December and January

Without further ado...



Me trying to take un-burry photos....



Trying to be cute...and in the end...



My co-worker (also fiber lover) helped take this one for the blog. Thanks L for doing it;)

Comments: The pattern repeat was easy to remember, skipped doing the Purl stitches because I used stitch markers to stay on task. Great basic way to create a sweater and will keep the construction for future projects. Warning to all who are tempting to knit, stay aware of the 7th stitch as it is the drop stitch in the pattern. If you happen to do a quick increase or decrease off this stitch it will create a obvious mistake on the finished product.

I don’t even know if I should tell you about the neckline on this sweater. It’s very embarrassing to say the least and I feel like I should have been more in control of my knitting. Granted this is only my second sweater, the first was an original design that was given away as a gift. I almost want to say, that I want it back...first sweater love and all, but I know it’s in the right hands;) But I digress...last night I was finishing the crochet boarders, weaved in ends, slipped it over my head and got stuck. Yes, stuck. The neckline was very large in the end and decided to seam the edges to make up for it...easy. Right? no. I seemed to far...made the neck too small. From one extreme to the other. I unraveled the border and re-crocheted the neck. I was laughing so hard at myself but was determined to wear this baby today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm thinking the pink alpaca horde may have found its purpose in life.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful job you did of knitting the sweater!I am so impressed with you knitting skills!

- Evelyn Froebe (Becca's Mo)

Unknown said...

George...