Monday, March 12, 2007

A Little March Madness



You know I would often sometimes read about other knitters and how they despised seeming their finished pieces together. Some of the seeming I’ve done has been quite pleasant and I actually looked forward to that time when I was almost done. Let me just say here and now. I hate seeming! and most likely it’s because of the type of material. The alpaca is just so hard to read, plus the pattern has so many yarn-overs that there are holes where a pick-up ladder is to be. I’ve finished the two sleeves, but gosh...painful. I wont even tell how painful the crocheted side seems are. I don’t crochet and anything more then a single crochet chain and I’m lost. I just about wanted to scream and what’s worse is that the magazine doesn’t clearly show how-too’s at all. Note To All Designers & Publicists: if your going to reference to a back tutorial section in your magazine...then please look at said material to see if it actually shows that information instead of some generic idea. So, now I get to surf the net and decipher what the hell a 4 sc and a slip crochet is, then hopefully understand how they work to seem my lovely sweater together.

In other news, had a very filled weekend....

Family get-together to celebrate the life of Martha Carpenter (aka: Mom)...she was an awesome woman and anyone who knew her was blessed. Here is Brother-in-Law with little man-T and Sister-In-law enjoying a photo moment right after dinner.



And why not add a little South Side Irish Parade into the mix...





Now more knitting news? Ambrosia Lace Socks...start, re-start and re-re-start. Okay, I’m too embarrassed to even mention how many times I’ve restarted these socks. I started doing the top down on two circ’s, hated it then decided to go back to my usual toe-up and can’t get the right gauge to save my self. Oy. Having a head cold does nothing but make me want to toss in the towel.

No comments: