Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sounds Like a Good Idea

That is...it was good at the time. The holiday season is just to much pressure. The right gift, the perfect dish, making time to shop ...and get all the good sales in too. Most of the time I don't have a problem knowing what I want to buy...its being able to get what I want for everyone. Living on a budget sucks when you've got expensive taste. So, I just have to live with the fact that, I can only do what I can, when I can.

The family dragged all the holiday boxes out of storage and assembled the xmas tree. Lights where strung on the tree with much care by me and Eric, who is now so tall he can easily reach the tippy top. We plugged in the lights and what to our astonishment... and just so you know, we tested them before putting them on...Soooo, why is it that only a one-foot band in the middle of the tree lights up? Boy, did that just ruin the whole thing. I stripped the tree of lights and vowed to do the tree decoration another day. This weekend we got that done.



Here is the tree and my little stinkers. All the delicate ornaments are on the top half while the "I don't care if Mackenzie touches" ornaments are on the bottom half. She really doesn't like the tree, pretty yes...and it's pokie. It certainly isn't huggable like she was hoping. Now, it's time to locate my xmas cookie recipes and get to baking. I've baked practically every year and handed out little grab bags to co-workers, friends and family. It's a hard thing for me to do this year, being that I am trying watching the weight. But, I just made a promise to myself that I wont deprive myself of these wonderful treats this year, just don't over do it and let it take over my every meal.

This is what we also did this weekend:



No smiles and no knitting updates...holidays and all. Soon, I will be done with my re-do Debbie Bliss hat and will show a pictures soon, till then try to grab some holiday cheer. Happy knitting.

No comments: