Monday, March 30, 2009

Hop On That Saddle

Over the weekend I cleaned (while experiencing the most horrific migraine) in preparation for a Realtor to inspect my home. sigh. I hate the housing market right now. Yet, it's not all bad news but yet it's not all good either. If all the numbers work out then it might turn into a possibility....so, I say: if it's meant to be, then so be it.

After cleaning my home to the finest it's been in I don't know how long, I also worked up my sleeves for St. Brigid and have reached saddles!



This now means that blocking must happen. I will measure to be sure if this it the proper length, but so far Starmore hasn't steered me wrong in her patterns. The blocking of the fronts and back will give me the length on the shoulders in order to properly knit the saddle.

There still is a lot more that needs to be done. Seam all the pieces together after blocking, then attach the braid to the edges of the whole garment... cuffs, bottom edge and collar. Then lets not forget the i-cord edging for the zipper.

Okay, lets not think about all that...here is a picture of miss mac looking too cute!



Now don't you feel better? I know I do;)

No comments: