Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Cedar Leaf Shawlette

I blame it all on A:) over at Knit and Run. When I saw her knitting hers out of sock yarn... SOCK YARN. I had to have it. Thanks for MAKING me buy that pattern. sigh.



The Cedar Leaf Shawlette has you knitting with a DK or worsted weight yarn, but sock yarn is what I'm looking for. The pattern is built in such a way that you can easily increase the size to accommodate a lighter weight yarn.

I then went stash diving and pulled out some Socks That Rock in the Muddy Autumn Rainbow colorway that was part of the Sock Club package from two years ago. I figured since I hadn't make the sock club pattern that it would be fine to make something else besides socks.



Now the other interesting thing the Cool Kids are up to, is making the shawlette with two different colors. The body in one and the leafs in a complimentary color. I pulled out another STR yarn in the Lagoon colorway, but now that I've applied the first leaf, I'm not feeling it. I'm going to rib back and just do the whole thing in the Muddy Autumn Rainbow. I guess my only concern is yardage. But isn't that typical?!!;)

1 comment:

A :-) said...

Yeah, Baby - blame me all you want :-D

In the cakes that Lagoon looked perfect for the leaves, but seeing it, I agree with you. I think it's because it's rather variegated. I'm picking up the short rows on the silk, and for sure I'm going to have to get at least one more skein . . .

I'll bet you make a ton of these :-D