Monday, January 04, 2010

FO: Snicket Socks



Pattern: Snicket Socks by Sabine Riefler (revelry link)

Yarn: Cascade Heritage Sock yarn

Needles: US 1.5 circular needles

Started: December 13, 2009

Finished: January 3, 2010

Modification: Since I was knitting these two at a time on two circular needles and not on DPN's, the transition flow of the cables would have been a complete nightmare. I chose to isolate the pattern to front and back of the socks thus eliminating any fussiness.



On the sides you can clearly see the cables don't touch and it really doesn't take away from overall look... but heck, they go on your feet;)



Another mod I made was to extend the cables to the very end of the toes instead of ending harshly as many socks will have you do. The only problem I see in doing this is the area seems weak and it might wear down sooner verses later, but I guess time will tell. I do hope the new owner likes her belated birthday present;)

2 comments:

A :-) said...

Those are beautious! They came out great :-)

Chrissy said...

They are fab. I'm sure the recipient will adore them.