Sunday, January 04, 2009

Look at My Funky Monkey

Most people on New Years Day are sleeping away the bubbles from the night before, where as my-eye-crusted-self meet up with my gang of gals for a day of fiber.

What is so special to wake up at 6 a.m. and head out for a 90 minute ride on a day that should be spent in your PJ's? The Fold of course. The Fold has their annual New Years Day Sale with outstanding discounts and it's more then just that. This place has magical qualities. It could be the fiber fumes, the isles and cubbies stuffed with yarn, or the smiling faces of other fiber lovers.

I don't need yarn. I've got project galore. I went to spend time with my fiber knitting crazed ladies. It's more about the journey then the destination.

So even thought I didn't need anything, I did fall head over heals for this Funky Monkey.



The shop had a model all cute and begging for a twin. I wasn't the only one who happened to snag a kit, huh ladies?

On the knitting front I managed to get to 14 inches and separated for the fronts and back. Here is a snap shot from the other day... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for this project. A sigh of relief to be honest as I don't what this bad boy in the way when St. Brigid comes around.

1 comment:

Knitterary said...

It was a very fun day!