Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Leftovers Anyone?

I've got a little bit of a problem.



Leftover yarn from previous sock projects and this photo is only half the pile of bits I have stashed. I just don't have the heart to let them go. Not enough to really do anything individually, but if you put it all together then, Presto! a project is born.

What project could I possibly be talking about? Well, the great Leftover
Sock Yarn Blanket of course!



You work these cute little squares up and then randomly pick up side stitches and add another square. The pattern is pretty mindless and you really only have to pay attention to one middle stitch on one side.

I got so zealus at the hospital yesterday to where I worked up a couple more additions.



Okay, so the first reaction most will give is "Are You Mad?"... Yes, yes I am. I'm not planning on finishing this project next week, next month or even a year from now. It would be nice, but I know I don't have all the sock yarn I need for it and I'm okay with that.

I love that all these chunks will then create a masterpiece. Even after the original socks have gone on to a better place I can enjoy the colors and fond memories of each project.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that is soooo cool

A :-) said...

I might have to copy off your paper on this one :-)

K said...

Look at all that STR! That blanket is going to be the best blanket ever.