Thursday, September 04, 2008

Ogee goes Ugee

After checking and rechecking my blocked swatch, I'm on point and gauge is cool. I picked up the Ogee Tunic once again and was able to start some of the cable action for the front. And now that I think about this, I might even repeat the cable on the back so I don't get bored.

Anyway... the yarn is super dreamy to work with, but it doesn't hold up on cables. See here:



The tight twist and superwash fiber looks sloppy. After doing the Fulmar and having those cables scream at me, I'm a little disappointed in this project. I'm still going forward with it as planned but making some modifications to the pattern. Nothin' you've never heard before, right?

I know in the end it will work out and be super squishy and fabulous... just less structured then the photo sample. I'm okay with that... so far.

No comments: