Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!

What a day..turkey, stuffing a little apple pie.



Would have taken a shot of the turkey and all the fixings, but the camera was MIA at the time and my tummy was growling with need. We were blessed with visitors for dinner...these two can do some serious damage to a normally peaceful house, but I enjoyed hearing the squeals of kiddies running thru the house.



Updates on my current projects...



Gloves are off the needles and on my hands as I head out every morning in the cold. I love these, but I noticed that my rush to get them done has produced my weave ends to pop out and become unwelcome. I will have to refer back to my notes and figure if I was doing something wrong.

Incase I haven't mentioned it yet...here are the spec's:
Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (I'm not going to get into details about the yarn recall mentioned on several other forums, but will say this - it's a lovely yarn and I'd hate to see this go. But, if the yarn recall leads to a drop in the price, hell I'm all for that)
Gauge: 5st per inch on size 6 DPN
CO: 32 st on size 4 DPNs-K2P2 Rib for 3.5 inches
Knit for another 2.5 on the size 6 DPNs before separating for the thumb and then knitted another 2in before separating for the other fingers.

Had and extra skein from my purchase and this is what I've started with it.



A simple K2P2 ribbed hat...we'll see if there is enough yarn for my huge head...or should I say large brain?? yeah, that's it.

Here is my hubbies socks or should I say sock for now. I truly feel so slow. I read the Harlot and how she's pumping out a sock a day and just shed a tear for my lack of accomplishments. These socks will most likely become valentine gifts then the Christmas gift they are suppose to be (sigh).



And last but not least...here is my deep thinker. I sometimes wonder what a 2 year old could possible be thinking about...writers block? or just frustrated that dear old mommy is taking yet another picture of her super cute daughter. I'm going with the writers block...it sounds cooler.

1 comment:

Girlie said...

This is just too cute!