Tuesday, June 16, 2009

FO: Nubby Cardigan



Pattern: Nubby Cardigan (Ravelry link) by Deborah Newton from Knitscene, Fall 2008

Yarn: 15 skeins Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL

Needles: US 8 circular

Started: February 26, 2009

Finished: June 12, 2009



Comments: My first thoughts when I saw this in the magazine was that it would make a great work sweater, something black to go with my wardrobe. Living with this expectation of how the sweater would look and feel verses actually creating this sweater to fit that mold was quite hard.

First off, black is practically impossible to knit without living next to the sun and second it's a boring color to look at while knitting. I don't see myself knitting with black anytime soon. Other then that, it's been an awesome knit.



The yarn is soft and squishy and will keep me warm during the entire year because the folks in my office like their air conditioning. No joke.

I did not modify the pattern, if you can believe that and the only part that has been a bit of a sore spot was adding the large collar. Picking up and knitting close to 200 stitches around the whole collar and knitting 3x3 rib was painful. Lucky it goes quick. In the end I love it and plan to drape this sucker on my office chair for those day when i can't stand it!

2 comments:

Deborah Newton said...

I loved your comments. AND that you made that sweater. I designed -- and KNITTED-- that collar so I know how big it is!

Great job, looks fabulous. SO glad someone made it! THANKS!

Best- Deb Newton
Providence RI

A :-) said...

This came out so great Kris!!! You're right, it's perfect for work. And I know what you mean about black yarn (made my eyes bleed with it years ago, knitting a huge cabled sweater).

Hey - you've been awarded as an “Honest Weblog.” Come on over to Knit and Run to pick it up.