Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FO: Selbu Modern



Pattern: Selbu Modern (Ravelry link)

Yarn: 3 skeins Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift (2 Spagnum & 1 Scotch Broom)

Needles: US 0 and US 2 circular

Started: April 10, 2009

Finished: April 25, 2009

Comments: This comes together super quick and the pattern is well written. I reversed the light and dark colors to suite my interest, which lead to me miss reading the pattern at time when I was tired. I ended up not realizing that I had reversed the pattern until I was at 10,000 feet on a plane heading for our spring break vacation. I ripped out 8 rows and slowly picked up 192 stitches on size 2 needles, which is not easy. Luckily the spindrift has some stick to it and the stitches hung there ready to be picked up!

Before blocking I was a little worried it wouldn't fit because of my Big Ass head, but glories be to the blocking Gods because it came out perfect!

1 comment:

k_purls2 said...

I love it! Yeesh, 192 stitches?! Maybe being in public on a plane was good thing...I think I would have screamed.