Friday, April 10, 2009

Vacation Knitting

Ever since I saw Never Not Knitting in her finished Selbu Modern hat... I've been dreaming about it. I then knew this had to be my vacation knitting project. So off I went to Nana's Knitting Shop to pick out colors in the Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift. Thanks to Trish and Knitterary for helping me pick out the colors Spagnum and Scotch Broom.



I cast-on last night and have just started the color work. It might seem like a complex project for vacation, but it's really about enjoying the process and if I don't get it done, so be it. I'm okay with that. I think it's small enough to fit in with my carry-on bag but complex enough that I don't need to tote along another project. Or. Do. I. ... no.no.no, only one project. Heck, there are yarn stores down there if I run into such a problem;)

In other updates, the Nubby cardigan is coming along fantastically. I've reached the arm decreases for the fronts:



This Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL alpaca and wool blend is just a dream to knit with. It really is a shame its been discontinued.

The St. Brigid has made some serious transformations since I last posted. With tight sleeves, I knew this would never be worn. I was looking for more of a jacket style and that needed more room in the sleeves. The seam was undone and then I knit up a wedge of sorts to insert where the seaming was to take place. More details will come when I post my finished object shots.



Zipper has been ordered and braid has been knit on the collar and bottom. I've even gone and added an i-cord edge where the zipper will be inserted and it makes the sweater so streamlined. I'm loving it and can't wait to finally just put this sucker on.

I will most likely been off-line for the next week or so and hope everyone has a lovely time without me.

No comments: