Monday, April 20, 2009

FO: Tiny Toes



Pattern: My own generic toe-up gusset heal flap.

Yarn: 2 skeins Interlacements Tiny Toes

Needles: US 1.5 / 2.5 mm

Started: February 9, 2009

Finished: April 22, 2009

Comments: The colors of this yarn are what drew me to it. The softness was the next thing that I fell in love with. Once I started knitting I found that it was not heavily twisted and this meant I didn't have to perform the helicopter untangle you might experience with other yarns.

Beyond that I wasn't overly impressed. I guess I'm getting pickier as I knit with different sock yarns. I also find the small skeins a tad annoying. One skein only has 185 yards and your forced to purchase two to complete a pair of socks.

I had miscalculated the length of my foot, or perhaps was knitting blindly knitting when I should have been measuring. So, I over shot by a full inch. Lone behold they fit my mother perfectly, just in time for Mother's Day.

No comments: