Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Stretch

Let me first say I love my Thermal. Let me say I loved knitting with Knit Picks Gloss. Let me also say that I've lost a few pounds since said garment was finished back in July of 2007. But for this gorgeous knit..



To go looking like this...



Look at the saggy neckline? sigh, I'm upset. What to do? Silk obviously stretches doesn't it. So, this is what I did. I felted it.

Okay, breath...seriously, inhale and exhale. It's not that bad...I did this:

I did a quick 10 min soak in the washer (no agitation). Pushed the dial to spin to get as much of the water out, then stuck the whole thing in the dryer. I checked on it every 5 minutes, until I could tell that it was nearly dry then it was every 3 min. Pulled it out and laid it out on the guest bed to dry and couple days later...



I'm so happy I did it, because I was so mad to have spend money, time and energy to love something so dearly to then be a waste of time. sigh. It's a good sigh people. phew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Great job, brave woman!!! Love your blog too. Congrats on losing weight!

SimplyMe said...

Excellent job, great looking sweater, an it looks awesome on you. Perfect color and perfect solution. WTG on losing the weight as well.

Anonymous said...

What a great answer to the problem-- I'm guessing that the wool/silk blend was enough wool to let it felt and enough silk to keep the stitch definition? Yes? I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to felt mine, then, too, when I finally get it all finished. It's just a sleeve and the top upper neck/shoulders away from becoming an FO!