Thursday, October 05, 2006

Tragedy to Triumph

If you read my last post...then you might be wondering what my ultimate decision was on the Alpaca...Frog or not to Frog. Well, after explaining my dilemma to my SnB friend Victoria, we came to more then just one reason to start over. Not only was the ever looming doom of the alpaca just to much for me to continue, but when I checked my gauge...it was totally off. I'm perhaps knitting very loose or on wrong needles or I just knit different at different times of day. Because it was just whacked when it came to being a proper size. The picture of the sweater in the magazine shows the piece as a small and it's form fitting...which is what I want my end results to be, but the gauge I was knitting...haha, oh my...talk about 3x to large.

I took these moment to reflect on the fact that once this sweater is done...and I promise you it will happen, that it will be my best work yet and I will hug it and squeeze it and call it George. Even if my attempt was only a swatch for gauge...I'm okay with it...it was sad, yes...but it feels good knowing that the end piece wont haunt me. Thanks Vic for helping me get thru that difficult moment:)



This is proof that I will Triumph over this pattern and claim this alpaca as my own:)



I swatched for my felted bag...and tried to do a test, but something went wrong with my technique and I must try again, but I can tell you this much, it didn't bleed and looks like it will be a great project to show off once I master this whole washy thing.

And just as a side note...need to brag and say that I get to have a double night of Stitchin' and Bitchin'...can't wait to see you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made the right decision. Sometimes, we have to just bite the bullet and frog the whole d@mn thing, which is when SnB comes in really handy. Especially the B part. I find it also helps to have a shot of tequila, and to go "stabity stabity stabity" with the needles for a few minutes.