Monday, October 16, 2006

Before & After

I truly feel that blocking is the icing on the cake when it comes to knitting. Pieces that are rippled, twisted or dis-com-bobulated become the gorgeous hand knits that they are suppose to be...Shining in all their glory. When I finished knitting the Fetching fingerless gloves from Knitty.com, I really didn't need to block them, but I wanted to see what would happen....they become softer and even more yummy after blocking. Here are beavers and afters:

Before:


After:


Another great effect is this after photo of the felted swatch.....and a sneak peak of the design ideas I have for the bag. I'm really excited to get this project started. I just can't wrap my head around the pattern and achieving what I want for the end result. I want to knit the bag in the round, but being that this is my first real attempt at knitting with 2 colors, I'll just have to dive in and get started.


And if these samples didn't make you smile...then here is Miss Mackie to brighten your day:)

No comments: