Monday, December 15, 2008
It Started out Great
I had this vision of a double knit hat made up for Mr. E as a tribute to his favorite anime character. If you click on the link it will show you the cloak he wore for Halloween and I figured if I could make a hat with this same odd red cloud then he might actual wear it.
The main image is a red cloud with white outline on a black background. I sketched out the image and after calculating the stitches per inch I made a grid for the pattern, which turned out to look like this:
The hat would be first constructed in red from the top down, increases for the crown then continue around until deep enough. One row of purls creates the turned edge and thus begin the black background and pattern. Once the pattern was complete I do everything in reverse as to the red. The red part gets inverted inside the black and attached at the crown once the decreases come to an end.
It was great, Now It's Arse. Perhaps worse then that. Fucked up and ugly = Fugly.
I don't know if it's the dpn's that are messing with my tension or if I'm just doing it all wrong. Perhaps I put the project up on a circular needle and see what happens. sigh.