Thursday, February 21, 2008

FO: Serendipity Dragon Socks



Pattern: Serendipity (only available for Rockin Sock Club member)

Yarn: 1 skein of Socks That Rock - Dragon Dance Colorway (not available until 2009)

Needles: US 1 circ's

Start Date: February 12, 2007

End Date: February 20, 2007

Comments: Did you even notice... eight. eight days...seriously? in eight days I finished these socks. wow.

This project was full of a "firsts" for me. My first sock club yarn and pattern. My first time knitting cuff down on two circ's. My first mix of variegated yarn and lace pattern. I have to say...I like it. The only thing that I'm not quite sure about is the star toe. The pattern calls for K2's every so often and it ends up creating a spiral toe. This also means it tends to twist on the toes during wear. hum. I'll wear them for a day or two to really judge.

There are tons of really bad photos showing examples of this variegated yarn and lace blend, but I have to say this combo really opened my eye to more possibilities. I thrilled to have joined the club and now eagerly awaiting the next shipment in March.

Just look at my sock blockers in action...awesome!

1 comment:

k_purls2 said...

I'm going to try circs for socks one day. So far, I'm in love with toe-up, but it is still no answer for getting two done at a time. Pretty color too, I'll the striping. Bravo!