Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mark it with a Stitch

Okay...I'm just so geeked that I figured out how to get my custom banner to work. I know, it's cool right? Mary Bridget inspired me to make a button for linking to my blog and it really got my designer mind boiling. Do you like??? Now, if you want grab the button..go right ahead, it's on the side, just scroll down some, then you can link to this blog. What fun:)

Now, as MB guess correctly...yes, the new project is another Clapotis from Knitty.com. The first one I did has a pic in my Finished projects, just click the links (incase you haven't seen me wear this thing since I knit it - gosh, I wear it everywhere!!) - anyway, I need markers to keep me in check and last time I used black rubber bands...but...they suck. They twist and turn and get caught...and lets not talk about taking flight on the train that one random day. Hahaha.

So, after getting back from Wed's SnB...I ran to my Super Walmart and grabbed some toggle's - incase your not familiar with beads and such...you've got to get some. There super easy to make and with a little time, you'll have your own stitch markers. I got the directions off another blogger and for the life of me I can't find the link...my bad - truly sorry.



Supplies needed (L-R Clockwise): toggles, crimper-thingie, wire cutters, file, 2 inch pin heads, small silver beads, larger color beads



This shows the progress of assembly...see it's not difficult.



Here are my finished markers...and here is the markers on the work-in-progess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I (heart) Kris's banner and button.