Saturday, January 27, 2007

I Could Not Resist

and I apologise Stitch 'n Bitch gals...I visited The Fold and I'm hooked;) It's a bit of a ride, but so worth the trip. Kids where off to Grandma's and I wasn't sure of the next time I would be able to get an opportunity to buy a spindle before going to the Feb 10 spinning demo in Chicago. I wanted a chance to play and fondle some fiber before getting tips and tricks.

Theresa suggested that I check them out for there friendly service and great selection. So, I met Toni at The Fold and what a lovely person she is. Showed me around, helped me pick just the right weight and then demo'd the top spindle for me. I got a chance to test run the spindle and...it just felt right:) Look-ie what-I-got:



Cute bag, huh? The spindle is a Kundert Wheel made of ash wood and it weighs 1.4oz. Just loved the cherry and maple design. I then spotted a old copy of Knitscene mag. I was going to order this online, but when I saw it would cost me $5 to ship it I said forget it! I'm so going to knit the Central Park Hoodie...I even saw a knit-along that several other bloggers are doing...very cool.

The store has tons of roving and stacks of cubbies filled with yarn. They have lots of handspun, handpainted, Socks-That-Rock, Trekking and so much more...of course I couldn't walk away without buying some sock yarn;) What you see is Gypsy Girl Creations - die lot name is Iris. The colors really popped out at me...greens, blues and several slight touches of yellows. I so want to cast-on.

On other project notes...Clapotis is blocking...yes it's done. I truly think I've gotten faster. I'll have updates on that soon. Mackenzie's fair isle hat is 85% done...at the decreasing sections, which can be a bit tricky.

Till next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh please!!! tell me we're still having our field trip.

I can't go on the 17th or this Sat (2/3?) but can go another day.

Pretty please?

That spindle is beautiful. So shiny and new. Don't you just want to pet it?

Unknown said...

Oooh. Jealous. Can I pet your yarn?