Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Knit & Crochet Blog Week: Day 2

An Inspirational Pattern

Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acquired, or just because it seems like a huge undertaking of time and dedication, most people feel they still have something to aspire to in their craft. If you don’t feel like you have any left of the mountain of learning yet to climb, say so!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do I aspire to? There really isn't a pattern I can say that I'm building up to. Every project I've set out to complete has always tested my skill or added to my list of "need to know" things I wanted to learn.

I don't think people should limit them self's because they feel their skill sets aren't up to par. That's bunk. If you have the will and means, then go for it. Don't let a pattern intimidate you.

Yet, I am also of the mind set that you shouldn't jump ahead to far. First time knitters who want to make a sweater and not a hat, have some balls... but yet I admire them for being so ambitious on their first time out. Ultimately, I do believe there are those baby steps that need to be learned in order to set the foundation of future skills.

Yet keep this in mind, all knitting is made up of Knits and Purls. The variations of those two stitches might seem like a challenge but when you break it down to its basic component then it's not so much a challenge anymore.



knitcroblo2

No comments: