Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Knitting Slump

No. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, why do you ask. phsst. whatever.

I'm in a mood. Sassy and full of attitude. My real concern is my lack of the thrill to knit. Most days... correction. Everyday since I can remember, I've yearned to hold the needles and yarn. Lately, not so much.

I'm really just going through the motions by continuing on my blanket squares. It does give me a sense of accomplishment to knockout a few additions, but I need more out of my knitting.

What I need a new project. Checked my queue on Raverly for something to pop out but after going through each one on all 6 pages. blank. Oh Hell. Now what? So I head to my magazines. Old ones and new ones. Nada. On to the books.... still no thrill.

I'm of the mind set that because I knit for pleasure and not as a job then I need to enjoy it. Otherwise what's the point?

This weekend I will just so happen to be in Arizona for a wedding. Kinda excited to get away to warmer weather and around family that I don't often get to hang with. Their a hoot and I know this will be highly enjoyable.

So with quick trip in front of me I think I need to plan a new project. Something portable. Something fairly easy... not color work that needs to be ripped and then carefully placed back on the needles - ask me how I know. not fun.

Plus I want some WOW factor too. I'm going to be at a wedding and knitting blanket squares is so far from cool. So below are a few yarns in my stash that are more on the "Oh Look How Lovely"...

DSCF2669
Southwest Trading Company-Oasis - DK weight - 720 yards

For this soy silk I was thinking perhaps of the Cedar Leaf Shawlette

Buffalo-Earth
Buffalo Earth - Sport weight - 200 yards

This perhaps as Meander Mitts... unfortunately I don't own the Vogue Knitting, Fall 2009 magazine... so perhaps an alt fingerless glove patter would be Fetching from Knitty.

Buffalo-Lux-lace2
Buffalo Luxury - Lace weight - 330 yards

I'm really smitten with this yarn, but I just can't possibly think of a lace project that isn't too difficult or can handle the small yardage. I'm certainly not doing Isbel again... not that I didn't like the finished object. I can't justify the constant swearing that will be spewing from my mouth... not good a weddings;)

Any suggestions for patterns... I'm at a loss.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Elm Row by Anne Hanson the pattern is $6 but it is very pretty. Have fun on vacation. Also you could just take a break from knitting as well. (Blasphemy I know, but maybe you just need a total break for a couple of days.

Tricia said...

I have Vogue Knitting Fall 09 and will hold a copy for you!

A :-) said...

I like that Oasis stuff - Great color. Should be enough there for something fun!! Have fun this weekend - missed you on the train this a.m. :-)

Laurel said...

I can be no help because I, too, am in a knitting slump. Even my quiviut (I can't remember how to spell it and can't be arsed to look it up right now) smoke ring is not exciting me. Sorry you are feeling this way, too.