Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Weekend Overload

I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day, I know I did and I didn't want it to end. There is nothing like not cooking one single meal, having beautiful roses to gaze upon and reading long sappy cards to tug at your heart strings.



But my overload of a weekend didn't start on Sunday, but truly on Saturday where I drove two teenage boys up to the Stevenson Convention Center to enjoy an afternoon of fantasy at Anime Central. For those of you not in the know, it's a convention for lovers of cartoons/comics/video games... and if your not in costume, then your the odd ball.

If your curious to see what kind of outfits... go here, here or here to see some interesting photos.

So while the kids are hanging out, I headed to the Mosaic Yarn Studio located in downtown Des Plaines. It looks small from the outside, but don't let that fool you. They are packed with all kinds of goodies. I asked if I could sit a spell as I had some time to kill and they were very gracious to allow me to sit and knit.

I then noticed they had the new Cookie A. sock book Sock Innovation. I was blown away every time I turned the page. Then of course I couldn't help but not grab some sock yarn.



By now I'm starving and need some lunch, so I go driving around downtown Des Plaines when I get a phone call. My son tells me he's with Security. Holy Mary Mother! What the hell!!! It seems that him and his buddy never made it through registration and just walked onto the show floor. I now have to make my way back to the convention center, park and locate them to make sure they've registered. To say I was a little mad is an understatement. On my way back I contemplated whether it would be wise to just snatch him by his ear, dragging him back to the car. Or should I let him finish out his day. I chose to let it go. We're just now starting to let him venture out on his own and if he doesn't go through the motions then he'll never learn from it.

After getting them set up I headed to the Muvico Rosemont 18, where I watched Wolverine with my feet propped up. They have love seats up in the balcony for the "premier experience", so I sat and enjoyed my $5 pop and $10 nachos. I have never been so comfortable in a movie theater in my life;) and by the way, LOVED Huge Jackman: hubba, hubba!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Abby and I went to see Wolverine too. Hubba Hubba he looks fabulous and he can sing a show tune without anyone questioning his masculinity.