Thursday, June 12, 2014

Arlen

Arlen-cowl-Model


Super excited to announce a new design just released in Knitty's First Fall 2014 issue. There are two version available in this pattern: Cowl or Snood.

The inspiration for this design came from a gorgeous Fiber Optic gradient in the Copper-Verdigris colorway. I knew I wanted to retain the colors, so I plyed my singles using a Navajo technique. The act of Navajo playing (or chain plying) has you creating loops, which in turn generates a 3ply. These loops can be large or small and depending on the color breaks; this can also help create a smooth color change.

There is a second option to work the pattern as a Snood.

Arlen-snood-Model

After I had designed the cowl version, I had this overwhelming feeling to lift it over my head. It then seemed second nature to have an alternate that would allow you to gently cover your head and neck in luxurious warmth. The snood version is worked up in Fyberspates Scrumptious 4ply, which is super wonderful to knit with and makes a very light weight, but warm piece.


No comments: